Icy blue, snow white, and all the shades in between — no other colors speak more eloquently of winter.
These colors represent the very soul of wintertime fashion.
In fact. Disney’s iconic Elsa from Frozen, officially the winter princess, wears white and blue!
So, how do you incorporate these colors into your look?
Well, blue and white winter nails are one of the best places to start.
If you like your nails to look stylish and trendy no matter the weather, read on — because we have collected everything you need to make your nails stand out in cool blues and whites.
We have included blue and white winter nail designs, practical tips, and all the best tools.
33+ Ideas About Blue and White Winter Nails
White is a primary essential color if you want that winter vibe.
By incorporating some (or a lot of) blue, you can give your nails an entirely different look that is both winter-appropriate and reflects your personality.
Here are some of the best 33+ ideas you can be inspired by.
1. Blue Ice and White Winter Almond Nails
2. Pastel Blue and White Textured Winter Nails
3. Glitter Baby Blue Winter Nails with White Snowflake
4. Blue Tips, White Glitter and Snowball Winter Nails
5. Different Shades of Blue and White Winter Nails
6. Pale Blue and White Glitter Winter Nails
7. Ice Queen Blue Winter Nails with Glitter and White Snowflakes
8. Pale Blue, Nude and Stars Winter Nails
9. Blue Glittered Side Tips and White Snowflake Winter Nails
10. Sugar Textured Pastel Blue and White Snowflakes on Nude Winter Nails
11. Glamorous Blue and White Snow Winter Nails with Gems
12. Classy Winter Nails in Blue and White with Flower, Glitter and Stones
13. Bling Bling Icy Blue and White Long Winter Nails
14. Extra Long Coffin Winter Nails in White and Blue Ombre
15. Navy, Blue and White Winter Nails with Glitter and Gems
16. Sweater Weather Blue and White Winter Nails
17. Matte Winter Magic Nails in Blue and Sugar White
18. Baby Blue and Glitter Snowflakes Winter Nails
19. Frozen Blue and White Textured Winter Nails
20. Royal Blue and White Winter Nails
21. Icy Blue Glitter Tips and White Swirls Winter Nail Design
22. Blue and White Aura Winter Nails with Stars
23. Amazing Extra Long Blue and White Winter Nail Design
24. White and Icy Blue Glitter Winter Nails
25. Matte Navy and White Winter Nails
26. Navy Blue and Textured White Winter Nails
27. Blue and White Marble Winter Nail Design
28. Frosty Blue and White Snow Winter Nails
29. Blue Nails with Glitter and White Snowflakes
30. Light Blue and White Winter Nails
31. Different Shades of Blue and White Pearl Nails Suitable for Winter
32. White and Blue Winter Ombre Nails with Stones
33. Blue, White and Silver Winter Nails
34. White and Navy Blue Winter French Tipped Nails
35. Light Blue and White Snowflake and Gold Winter Nails
Why Blue and White for Winter?
If you close your eyes and imagine being in a winter wonderland with snowy hills and frozen lakes, the color that will pop into your mind is obviously white.
Now, white alone can be pretty dull, so adding in another staple, classic hue, one that complements white very well, is necessary. Blue ticks off these requirements and more.
Blue and its many shades bring the fun into white, and during winter, when these two colors are combined, you get a refreshing vibe.
The colors seamlessly blend well together without either being overpowering.
Essential Tools for Perfect Winter Nails
To create that perfect blue and white winter nails, you first need to have a set of quality nail polish.
There are reliable and reputable nail polish brands that you can consider, and despite being more expensive, you can be sure of the quality and safety standards of the nail lacquer.
This also goes for your base and top coats, which you should use when doing your nails.
Next, come nail tools. There is a wide range of tools that you can use depending on the look that you are trying to achieve.
For instance, a dotting tool of different sizes is recommended if you want some white and blue polka dots. You can also prepare some sparkles like glitters, rhinestones, diamonds, and pearls.
If you’re going to add dimension to your nails, add in your choice of 3D nail stickers and even chrome powder.
Basic Blue and White Winter Designs
Remember, these basic blue and white winter designs are not just for the cold months — you can try them all year round! Get inspired with these easy and quick designs and video tutorials:
Blue and white with simple snowflakes
Blue and white icicle nails
Blue and white flower art nail design
Blue and white swirls
Blue and white snow and snowflakes
Advanced Blue and White Winter Designs
Apart from basic, uncomplicated blue and white winter nail designs, you can also let your creativity stretch and explore more intricate designs like galaxy-inspired winter nails, raised and sculpted nail designs, acrylic powder, airbrushing, and nail art jewelry.
The good news is there are plenty of tutorials available online, even for advanced nail arts like these, and like all things, it takes time and practice to produce professionally-looking nail designs.
You also have to invest in more materials and tools to get it done.
Do consider the look that you’re going after when deciding on more advanced nail art and also the lifestyle you lead.
While you want your nails to showcase your blue and white designs, you also want to be able to use your fingers and nails.
Adding Winter Accents
Add some winter accents to make your blue and white winter nails pop. Here are some of the nail accessories and add-ons you can add for fun and sparkle.
- Chrome powder
- Metallic foils
- Winter-related stickers
- 3D accessories
Maintenance Tips for Your Winter Nails
Enjoy your blue and white winter nails longer by ensuring that you give them some extra TLC. Here are some top maintenance tips:
- Use only quality nail polish, base, and top coat
- Always apply a top coat on your nails and re-apply every three days
- Ensure you apply thin layers of nail polish, ensuring each layer is 100% dry before adding another layer
- Use quality nail adhesives to keep your nail bling in place
- Wear protective gear when handling chemicals that can damage your nails
- Moisturize your nail cuticles with oil to keep them healthy
- Use coffin nails when you know your hands are always busy or you live an active lifestyle; instead, opt for short nails
- Add too many embellishments on your nails because less is more nowadays
- Pick on chipping nail polish because this is the start of the end of your blue and white nails
Welcome the enchanting winter season with blue and white winter nails.
From basic and traditional designs to more advanced and intricate nails that can tap into your creativity and precision, these nails can express your personality and love for winter.
Whether you like your blue and white winter nails done by a pro or be your DIY and skills improvement project, document and share the journey on your social media to inspire other women and encourage them to get their nails done, too!