When you want to add some drama to your look, you simply can’t go wrong with coffin-shaped French tip nails.
This statement-making nail design can add a bit of depth and dimension to even the most boring outfits. It also makes your fingers look slimmer and longer than they are, giving you a fierce vibe that’ll compel people to take a second look.
Excited to give it a try?
We’ve compiled a list of 30+ ultra-trendy ideas for coffin-shaped French tip nails that will complement every occasion and style.
Pick your favorite, prep your nails with the handy guide discussed below, and you’re all set to create a high-end mani!
Video Tutorial: Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
Here’s a detailed tutorial for creating a coffin-shaped French tip nail design that’s so easy even a beginner can nail it to perfection.
That said, feel free to use different hues, nail stickers, embellishments, and crystals to create a nail design as unique as you!
add video here
37+ Ideas for Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
Browse through our compilation of coffin-shaped French tip nails to find the perfect style for you.
You can keep things cute with a simple beige or pastel look or go for a bolder look by painting your nails with glitter, gold foil, or patterns.
1. Classic Coffin-Shaped V French Tip Nails
2. Short Black Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
3. Pink and Gold Glitter Coffin Shaped French Tip Nails
4. Extra Long Coffin-Shaped French Tips with Rhinestones
5. Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails with Pink Pumpkins
6. Classic Pink Coffin-Shaped French Tips
7. Two Lined White Coffin-Shaped French Nails
8. Short Rainbow Coffin-Shaped French Tips
9. Winter Design Coffin-Shaped Long French Tip Nails
10. Glamorous Blue and Gold Coffin-Shaped French Tips
11. Black French Tips with Glitter Coffin-Shaped Nails
12. Chrome French Coffin-Shaped Nails with Gem Accents
13. Animal Printed Coffin-Shaped French Tips
14. Abstract Short Coffin French Tip Nails
15. Green Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
16. Brown Glitter Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
17. Hot Red Acrylic Coffin-Shaped French Tip Flames
18. Green Line Coffin-Shaped French Nails
19. Golden Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
20. Blue Glitter Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
21. Monochrome Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
22. Lilac Purple Coffin-Shaped French Nails
23. Shimmering White Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
24. Mix and Match Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
25. Glittery Swirled Coffin-Shaped French Tips
26. Short Glitter and Pink Coffin-Shaped French Tips
27. Side Brown Coffin-Shaped French Tips
28. Pastel Colours French Tip Coffin-Shaped Nails
29. Baby Blue Ribbon Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
30. Funky Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
31. Textured Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
32. Bright Colours Combo French Tip Coffin-Shaped Nails
33. Coffin-Shaped White French Tip nails with Chrome Hearts
34. Glitter Coffin-Shaped French Tips
35. Hot Pink Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
36. Black Coffin-Shaped French Tips with Snakes
37. Cow Print French Tip on Coffin-Shaped Nails
Why We Love Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
Also known as ballerina nails, the coffin nail shape was made popular by Kylie Jenner and caught on with nailfluencers all over!
And the stunning coffin-shaped French tips style features long and narrow coffin nails to create a statement, then seemingly does a 180 to keep things minimalistic with a French tip technique.
It tantalizes you with the promise of a big canvas but coaxes you to stay on trend, covering just the tip and turning heads in the process.
Trends for Coffin-Shaped French Tip Nails
Try these popular coffin-shaped French tip nail designs to stay in vogue:
- Any base color of choice with 3D water droplets on the French tips.
- Black French tips in an ombre effect, with silver sparkles.
- Blue tips spruced up with butterfly stickers.
- Clear acrylic nails lined with black nail polish at the tips for a timeless look.
- Crocodile pattern tips in matte and glossy black.
- French tips in white, sweetened with a cherry spread.
- Nude base with classic white French tips.
- Rose glitter tips adorned with rhinestones.
- V-shaped French tip in pastels for a dreamy wonderland look.
- White French tips covered in colorful polka dots.
How to Prep Your Nails For a Manicure: A Complete Guide
Do this due diligence before you paint your nails for long-lasting results:
- Wash or sanitize your hands to remove all traces of dirt and bacteria from your nails and prevent the risk of infection.
- Push your cuticles back and trim away dead skin cells. Swipe the nails with a cotton pad for a clean finish. This will provide a smoother and cleaner surface area for you to work on and keep paint from adhering to your cuticles.
- File your nails to create the perfect coffin shape using an emery board, going from the side to the center. And then buffer them to create a smooth finish. Use a gentle hand during this process. Otherwise, you’ll chip away too much, and it can make your nails too thin, making them prone to splitting and breaking.
- Use a cleanser wipe dipped in acetone-free nail polish remover to remove any traces of dust and oil; it will help the polish adhere properly.
- Roll your nail polish bottle in your hand like Play-Doh to mix the paint evenly. This prevents the risk of transferring air bubbles to your nails, which is one of the leading causes of a poor nail job that results in chipping.
And that’s it; you’re all set to rock your unique nail art!