Nail trends come and go, but matte nails are here to stay.
This design is a flat finish with practically no shine, but boy, do these stunning matte beauties in burgundy create drama!
If you don’t believe us, this compilation of over 30 stunning ideas for matte burgundy nails will surely change your mind.
Why We Love Matte Burgundy Nails
Matte burgundy nails are an effortless way to show off your confidence and strut in style. This fashion-forward, dark reddish-brown hue is a dramatic but refined color that screams sophistication when paired with the subtlety of a matte finish. With nails this gorgeous, you can look mature and serious with just the right hint of sweetness.
The chic, trendy nail set can complement even the simplest of outfits, creating a modern yet restrained look that makes you look dressed to the nines no matter what you’re wearing.
Video Tutorial: Matte Burgundy Nails
This nail trend combines two of our all-time favorites: burgundy and matte, creating an elegant look that will have everyone asking about your manicure.
However, since it’s so easy to create and master; you can just DIY your way through it with this video and save some coins.
30+ Ideas for Matte Burgundy Nails
Here are more than 30 design ideas for matte burgundy nails that are all the rage right now.
They cover all bases — from short to long nails, beginner level to expert, and from subtle to dramatic so there’s something for everyone!
1. Pure Matte Burgundy Nails
2. Nail Art with Matte Burgundy Nails
3. Ombre Nails with Matte Burgundy
4. Short Matte Burgundy Nails
5. French Matte Burgundy Nails
6. French Matte Burgundy Nails with Rose
7. Gold Accents Matte Burgundy Nails
8. Chevron Pattern Matte Burgundy Nails
9. Long Matte Burgundy Nails
10. Dual Toned Matte Burgundy Nails
11. Matte Roses Burgundy Nails
12. Matte Burgundy Nails with Animal Print
13. Geometric Matte Burgundy Nails
14. Coffin Matte Burgundy Nails
15. Halloween Theme Matte Burgundy Nails
16. Matte Burgundy Nails with Pearl Accents
17. Acrylic Matte Burgundy Nails
18. Gloss and Matte Burgundy Nails
19. Half Matte Burgundy Nails
20. Matte Burgundy Nails with Rhinestone
21. Marble Matte Burgundy Nails
22. Cherry Matte Burgundy Nails
23. Matte Burgundy Nails with Floral Design
24. Matte and Gloss Burgundy Nails
25. Christmas Mood Matte Burgundy Nails
26. Burgundy Matte French Tip Nails
27. Matter Burgundy Nails with Swirls
28. Elegant Matte Burgundy Nails
29. Black and Burgundy Matte Nails
30. Glitter Matte Burgundy Nails
31. Nude and Burgundy Matte Nails
32. Burgundy Kisses Matte Nails
33. Classy Burgundy Matte Nails
Trends for Matte Burgundy Nails
Plain matte burgundy nails are cute, but if you want to look ultra-trendy, here are some designs you need to try:
- A matte burgundy set with a flower nail sticker on the ring fingers, all brought together with a clear matte top coat for an extra layer of protection
- Burgundy matte nails with an intricate design and a glossy polish of the same hue
- Burgundy matte set elevated to the next level with embellishments and glitter
- Burgundy nails with a shimmer-glitter nail on each hand for an elegant look
- Matte burgundy base jazzed up with a line of rhinestones towards the cuticle
- Matte burgundy nails with shiny gold metallic tips
- Matte burgundy nails with flower motifs in white on accent nails
- Matte burgundy nails with a white marbled effect on some nails
- Negative space on a burgundy set, but keep it subtle
- Simple matte burgundy manicure with glitter French tips
How To Make Your Matte Burgundy Nail Polish Last
Matte polish chips faster than glossy, shimmery, and cream versions.
For the DIY nail maven, it’s an opportunity to experiment with different hues. Think about switching your style in a snap! After all, that’s what nail dreams are made of.
The good news is there are steps you can take to get the most out of your mani.
Read on to learn how you can make your eye-catching mani last longer:
- File your nails down because longer nails take the hit faster than shorter ones.
- Get rid of any traces of oil on your nails before you get down to business. In addition, pushing your cuticle back allows the polish to adhere properly and prevents chipping.
- Choose a matte topcoat. It will seal in color, give your mani some top-tier staying power, and keep environmental elements from fading the hue.
- Matte dries quickly so apply it in multiple thin, light coats, allowing each layer to dry completely before going in for another coat. As a bonus, it will extend the lifespan of your polish.
- Avoid getting creams and lotions on your nails. They can damage the surface of your matte fingertips, dull their finish, and cause them to chip.
And that’s it. You’re all set to flash those burgundy beauties for a good while!