Green and gold nails are not for everyone, or so they say.
When done right, this color duo can prove to be a statement look, with green bringing depth and tranquility and gold creating a stunning contrast for a luxurious look.
You can opt for a minimal and subtle nail style, like a green base with gold geometric lines, or go for something more dramatic, like a marble design with chunky gold — with this combination, there’s something for every taste.
If you’re looking for some quality inspiration for green and gold nails, you’ve come to the right place.
We’ve put together 30+ gorgeous green and gold nail ideas to try on yourself along with the rundown on the different nail shapes you can try them on.
Video Tutorial: Green and Gold Nails
Want to paint your nails a stunning green and gold?
Here’s a video tutorial that’ll help you pick the right lacquers, glitters, and other accessories for a design guaranteed to grab eyeballs.
Follow our nail tech or give free rein to the creative in you to create patterns you love.
37+ Best Ideas for Green and Gold Nails
Thinking of giving this dual-color design a go?
Here’s a collection of 30+ chic green and gold nail design ideas, from simple to glamorous, that will transform your nails into pure works of art.
1. Green and Gold Swirls
2. Triangle Green and Gold French Tips
3. Jade Green with White and Gold Swirls
3. Mountain Peak Green and Gold Nails
4. Green Glitter Nails with Gold
5. Deep Olive Green with Gold
6. Short Square Nails in Green and Gold
7. Gold Accent on Short Square Nails
8. Lime Green Ombre Nails with Gold
9. Dark Olive Green and Gold Nails
10. Short Art Nails
11. Short Green Nails with Gold Foil
11. Green Xmas Nails
12. Sage Green and Gold Foil Nails
13. Festive Green and Gold Nails
14. Fall Accents
15. Green Sparkling Short Frenchies
16. Fashionable Green and Gold Nails
17. Short Almond Green Nails with Gold
18. Sparkling Green Nails
19. Green Marble Nails
20. Animal Prints on Green Nails
21. Short Green Square Nails with Golf
22. Green and Gold Leaves
23. Zodiac Green Nails
24. Coffin Marble Nails
25. Emerald Gold Marble Nails
26. Olive Green Christmas Nails
27. Mountain Peak Nails
28. Emerald Hearts
29. Green Marble Acrylic Nails
30. V Cut Green French Tips
31. Turtle Pattern
32. Green Gel Nails with Gold
33. Spring Nails
34. Elegant Short Green Nails
35. Marble Triangle French Tips
36. Almond Nails in 3 Shades of Green
37. Mint Green and Gold Nails
38. Gold and Jade Green Acrylics
39. Marble Flowers
40. Mint Green and Gold Hearts
41. Christmas Feeling
Why We Love Green and Gold Nails
Think of green and gold nails, and your mind takes you to Christmas. Waiting in the lobby of a salon with the air filled with the scent of lacquer and joyous laughter creates the perfect setting for a holiday-themed manicure.
But you don’t have to restrict this lovely nail style to the holidays!
When done right, the regal green and the opulent gold can work together wonderfully — they can be subtle enough for everyday wear or be appropriate for the workplace or you can easily glam it up for a special occasion.
Paint the hues on your nails, and let this stunning color combo deliver a flattering year-round effect!
Trends for Green and Gold Nails
Green and gold nails are a hot topic with nail enthusiasts, but some designs have consistently ranked higher than others.
Stay in style with these green and gold nail trends that are laying a claim to 2023:
- Animal nail print in green on half the nail, separated with a line of gold foil.
- Botanical-inspired nail set with a nude base, green leaves, and gold highlights.
- Soothing design of leaves painted in gold on accent green nails.
- Gemstone effect with green and golden on white nails for vibrant nail art.
- Geometric art with chunks of gold.
- Green French tips spruced up with little golden details (stars, hearts, etc.)
- Marbled green nails with vibrant gold foil detailing.
- Matcha green with gold mandala art.
- Textured gold glitters on accent green nails.
- Streaks of gold nail polish and emerald green on a nude base.
Green and Gold Nails: 6 Shapes That Do The Hues Justice
Green and gold look good on any nail shape, giving you the freedom to experiment with different lengths and for any occasion.
That being said, here are some of the best nail shapes to sport this color combination:
- Almond: A marble look with gold detailing will suit this shape; just make sure to smooth the sides or the effect won’t be as pronounced.
- Coffin: Try a nude base with white flowers, green leaves, and gold accessories.
- Oval: A set of the darkest green contrasted with glitter on the accent nails adds depth to this look.
- Round nails: This perfect half-circle on your fingertips will bring a green base with gold glitter at the tip to life.
- Square: A gradient of light to dark greens adorned with plain milky white and gold foil is a look that works any time of the year.
- Stiletto: Keep it shiny on this sharp nail shape, mixing emerald with glitters and chromes for a next-level look you’ll want to recreate.