If you’re looking for a timeless manicure that fits every occasion or even everyday wear, then look no further than nails with black tips!
This new modern take on the classic French manicure is gaining momentum on social media, and we have collected over 35 of the best ideas to show you how you can do them.
Nails with black tips come in a variety of different styles, and the good news is that they will suit any nail shape or any nail length, so no matter if you have super long coffin nails or natural short nails, you can make them work and look beautiful.
In this article, we are sharing a simple step-by-step tutorial if you want to create nails with black tips at home, followed by a video tutorial and roundup of our favorite styles from Instagram!
How to Create Nails with Black Tips
French tips are one of those nail designs that’s pretty easy to create at home, with a bit of practice.
- start with a clean and polished nail, to avoid any dust or mess getting onto your painted nails
- paint the whole nail with a neutral base color, such as beige, light pink or light white
- using nail artist stickers, place them on the nail right under where you want to paint your tips – this way you will have a clean and defined line when you paint your tips with black nail polish
- the next step is creating those tips – simply use any black nail polish to go over the tips, be careful not to run over the stickers into the base color
- once you’re done, seal the whole masterpiece with a layer of a clear nail polish
Video Tutorial: Nails with Black Tips
If you would like to try creating this look at home, take a look at this video that will guide you step by step.
Our Picks: 37+ Best Ideas for Nails with Black Tips
Below are some of the best examples of nails with black tips on a variety of different nail sizes and shapes – when selecting the manicure design, just keep in mind what your own nail size and shape may be, as some of these don’t work with too long or too short nails.
If you want more inspiration from the same featured nail artist, we have included their Instagram bio under each image.