If you love a manicure with a lot of contrast, then black and green nails are something you should consider for your next look.
These colors are often used for Halloween or the fall season, but if you love a look that’s bound to catch attention, you can wear it all year round. There are a variety of designs available, some more striking than others, so no matter what your personal taste may be, you will find lots of ideas you will love in our roundup below.
With black and green nails you can go as bold as you want, or as subtle as you want – best of all, there are designs that work for any nail size or nail shape, so you will have lots of options to choose from.
In this article, we have compiled a selection of over 27 beautiful designs, including a tutorial to create one of these looks at home, and rounded up the most popular nail design options in the paragraph below.
Popular Design Styles for Black and Green Nails
- Marble Nails – if you like a softer look with not too much contrast, creating a marble effect with these two nail polish colors is a great idea. Check out the tutorial below on how to achieve this look.
- French Tip Nails – Similarly, if you don’t want to go overboard with either color option, you can simply add these two colors as your French tips. They look elegant and timeless and not distracting.
- Neon Green Nails – if you want nails that will turn heads, then definitely reach for neon nail polish shades.
- Mixed Design Nails – have the best of both worlds by including more than one nail design in your manicure.
- Black Nail Art on Green Nails – green nail polish is the perfect base color that will make your custom black nail art really stand out.
- Cartoon Style Nails – for those who want to venture out of their comfort zone, cartoon nails really catch the attention of everyone who will see them.
- Glitter Nails – need something a little more festive or a party look? Reach for a glitter green or black nail polish.
- Botanical Nail Art – achieve a softer and more sophisticated look by including lighter green colors and adding black botanical nail art.
Video Tutorial: Black and Green Marble Nails
If you would like to try creating your black and green manicure at home, take a look at this video tutorial which will show you how to achieve a simple black and green marble effect on your nails.
27+ Best Black and Green Nails Ideas
Are you ready to pick your favorites? Below is a curated collection of the best nail designs with black and green nail polish, featuring different nail lengths and shapes – everything from natural short nails, and almond nails all the way to long coffin nails.
We have also included nails for everyday wear and some ideas for party look.
If you need even more inspiration, take a look at our Pinterest account where we have hundreds of new nail design ideas added daily!