If you’re looking for beautiful nails that fit any occasion, look no further than black French tip nails! This stylish and timeless manicure is making a comeback, as evidenced by social media, and we are here to offer you the coolest and most stylish options on how to wear them.
Most of us are already familiar with the hugely popular French tips, with the classic look of the white painted tip of the nail and the base in a naturally neutral color. These days french tips come in a range of different colors, including red, blue, sage green and now even in black!
In this article, we have curated a collection of the best styles that will help you pick the most elegant manicure for the upcoming season!
How to Achieve the Look
French tips are one of those nail designs that’s pretty easy to create at home, with a bit of practice.
- start with a clean and polished nail, to avoid any dust or mess getting onto your painted nails
- paint the whole nail with a neutral base color, such as beige, light pink or light white
- using nail artist stickers, place them on the nail right under where you want to paint your tips – this way you will have a clean and defined line when you paint your tips with black nail polish
- the next step is creating those tips – simply use any black nail polish to go over the tips, be careful not to run over the stickers into the base color
- once you’re done, seal the whole masterpiece with a layer of a clear nail polish
Trending Styles for Black French Tip Nails
Some of the nail design styles that we see over and over on social media are the following:
- black French tips with an extra framed outline right under the tip, either in a contrasting color like white, or with glitter nail polish
- glitter is also a popular choice for the black design on the French tips
- outline French tips which just create the optical illusion of the tip by framing it with black nail polish, and leaving the inner part of it in a neutral color
- bright white nail polish is used as a base color to create even more contrast for your nails
- adding nail art like starts to your nails
- using small gemstones in your nail design
Video Tutorial: Black French Tip Nails
If you would like to try creating this look at home, take a look at this video that will guide you step by step.
Our Picks: 37+ Best Black French Tip Nails Ideas
Are you ready to get inspired? Whether you’re heading for your next nail salon appointment or looking for a simple manicure you can create at home, you will find lots of inspiration in our curated collection.
If you need even more ideas, we have hundreds of trending nail designs in our Pinterest account, so don’t forget to check it out!